Hello and happy Friday.
The San Francisco Giants have a very cool segment on their YouTube channel called “Conversación Gigante.” In it, Erwin Higueros talks with a member of the Giants, usually in Spanish, about baseball, life, and the player’s journey from being a baseball-loving kid to a professional player.
In the latest episode, Higueros — the team’s Spanish language radio broadcaster, as well as a member of both the Hispanic marketing and media relations departments — talks with left-handed reliever Jarlin García.
García is in his second year with the Giants, and has cemented his role as a core part of the team’s bullpen. Hearing him talk more in depth about his life and backrground is neat.
Old, random MCC article for you to read
Matt Cain Update: Matt Cain Should Be Richer Then The Old Matt Cain (March 9, 2012 — Grant Brisbee)
- Podcast: Roger Munter talks the upcoming MLB Draft with Brian Recca (There R Giants)
- Grant Brisbee on how the Giants ability to find and develop talent will lead to difficult roster decisions (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Susan Slusser on how Gabe Kapler has been more open-minded than he was in Philadelphia (SF Chronicle)
- Maria Guardado on how the Giants hope to make a deep farm system even deeper on draft day (MLB)
- Ben Clemens on the marvelous but unexpected Giants bullpen (Fangraphs)
- Kerry Crowley on the plan for Logan Webb and Tyler Beede this weekend (Mercury News)
- Alex Pavlovic on how Kevin Gausman will have a busy All-Star weekend, even though he won’t be playing (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Brian Murphy on why everyone is upset about the City Connect jerseys (KNBR)
What time do the Giants play today?
The Giants play the Washington Nationals tonight at 6:45 p.m. PT.
Have a lovely Friday, friends.