Hello and happy Thursday.
The San Francisco Giants lost a valuable member of their organization this week, the team announced on Wednesday. Pablo Peguero, the team’s Director of Dominican Republic Operations, died unexpectedly at the age of 68.
The #SFGiants were saddened to learn today that Director of Dominican Republic Operations Pablo Peguero passed away unexpectedly this morning at his home in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. Our thoughts are with his family and friends. pic.twitter.com/UpYnBIxJ1T— SFGiants (@SFGiants) July 7, 2021
Peguero had been with the Giants organization for the last 18 years, after previously holding a similar position with the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Giants President of Baseball Operations Farhan Zaidi noted in a statement that, “Pablo was a beloved member of the Giants family and has been synonymous with baseball in the Dominican Republic for decades. Pablo was a great leader to our players and staff in the Dominican Republic, and a tremendous individual who always put others before himself. We express our deepest condolences to his family and will have them in our thoughts and prayers.”
Old, random MCC article for you to read
The full list of back-to-back-to-back home runs in San Francisco Giants history (April 5, 2016 — Grant Brisbee)
- Grant Brisbee on why you shouldn’t worry too much about the Giants poor numbers with runners in scoring position (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Susan Slusser on how Tyler Beede is knocking off the rust, and ready for whatever role the Giants give him (SF Chronicle)
- Kerry Crowley on why Gabe Kapler isn’t changing the lineup, or moving Brandon Crawford up (Mercury News)
- Alex Pavlovic on the explanations from Mike Yastrzemski and Johan Oviedo as to what happened during their altercation (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Eric Longenhagen and Kevin Goldstein mock college pitcher Ty Madden to the Giants in their latest mock draft (Fangraphs)
- Mark W. Sanchez on how Buster Posey is still sore (KNBR)
What time do the Giants play today?
The Giants have an off day today.
Have a lovely Thursday, all of you.