Hello and happy Saturday.
In case you missed the very exciting news on Friday, the San Francisco Giants swung a trade for 2016 NL MVP Kris Bryant. You should be enthused.
Shortly after the news broke, Amy G caught up with Drew Robinson to get his thoughts on the acquisition. Robinson retired earlier in the month after spending the first half of the season with the AAA Sacramento River Cats, and has since transitioned into a role as a mental health advocate with the organization.
He also grew up in Las Vegas, as did Bryant, and is familiar with the star from having their paths cross many times. He certainly seems to give Bryant the seal of approval.
.@Drewrobbb has a unique take on the @KrisBryant_23 trade. The two go way back, growing up together in Las Vegas, NV. pic.twitter.com/UMpvcmno5n— Amy Gutierrez (@amygmultimedia) July 30, 2021
I have a feeling we’re gonna like this dude.
Old, random MCC article for you to read
The Giants 2014 payroll (updated) [Dec. 1, 2013 — Grant Brisbee)
- Grant Brisbee on how the Giants have more urgency than you think (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Steve Kroner on Gabe Kapler’s enthusiasm about Kris Bryant (SF Chronicle)
- Andrew Baggarly on how the Giants got the player they were coveting (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Dieter Kurtenbach on how Kris Bryant is a perfect fit with a Giants team aiming for the World Series (Mercury News)
- Ben Clemens on how much fun the Kris Bryant trade makes the NL West (Fangraphs)
- Alex Pavlovic takes you inside Kris Bryant’s first phone call with Farhan Zaidi (NBC Sports Bay Area)
What time do the Giants play today?
The Giants play the Houston Astros today at 1:05 p.m. PT.
Have a lovely Saturday, folks.