Hello and happy Tuesday.
The San Francisco Giants are about to embark on another series against the Los Angeles Dodgers. This one is at home, and it’s only three games long. The Giants enter the series two games up on the Dodgers, which means they’ll still be atop the NL West when the series is over, as long as they don’t get swept. But a 2-1 series win would give the Giants a three-game lead, and a sweep ... well that would make it five games.
I would approve of that.
Because we all love to Beat LA, we’ve got a shirt for you for this series, courtesy of the fine folks from BreakingT.
Now that’s a shirt you can wear to any occasion. Ball games, running errands, weddings, etc.
You can grab yours here.
Old, random MCC article for you to read
Are You Seriously Clicking on a Link to Read More About That Game? (June 20, 2012 — Grant Brisbee)
- Susan Slusser on if the Giants can expand their lead in the NL West at the expense of the Dodgers (SF Chronicle)
- Kerry Crowley lists 10 players on the trading block who would fit the Giants (Mercury News)
- Dalton Johnson on how Marco Luciano is the best player the Low-A San Jose Giants manager has ever coached (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Andrew Baggarly on Jay Jackson, who is dominating out of the bullpen, but whose mind is in Japan with his toddler (The Athletic, subscription required)
- David Laurila on how Will Wilson is still a work in progress (Fangraphs)
- Dalton Johnson takes a look at some of the big Minor League storylines (NBC Sports Bay Area)
What time do the Giants play today?
The Giants play the Los Angeles Dodgers tonight at 6:45 p.m. PT.
Have a truly spectacular day, all of you.