Hello and happy Friday. This Friday is brought to you by SB Nation Reacts, a survey of fans across MLB. Each week, we send out questions to the most plugged-in San Francisco Giants fans, and fans across the country. Sign up here to join Reacts because it’s fun and you like fun things and also filling out things on the internet hasn’t gotten old, even 25 years later.
The 2021 MLB Draft is just over a week away, and baseball fans are excited. The MLB draft doesn’t get nearly the attention that the NBA and NFL drafts do, yet according to the most recent SB Nation Reacts survey, just over half of MLB fans around the country say they pay close attention to it. The world is watching, Farhan Zaidi and Scott Harris. React accordingly.
On account of the fact that fans have opinions, they had some strong thoughts on what their teams should do in the draft. And almost three-quarters of surveyed MLB fans said that upside should be the deciding factor in the selection process, while 13% of fans wanted a safe pick. 16% of fans wanted their teams to value the players that could be fast-tracked to the Major Leagues.
As for what position is selected, the majority of fans preferred a first-round pitcher to a first-round hitter. Apparently TINSTAAPP is not a commonly held initialism sentiment.
To vote in the Reacts surveys and have your voice heard each week, sign up here.
Old, random MCC article for you to read
Is Matt Cain really good enough to destroy pizzas? (Nov. 28, 2012 — Grant Brisbee)
- Podcast: Roger Munter talks with AA Richmond 3B David Villar and hitting coach Doug Clark (There R Giants)
- Grant Brisbee identifies one player from every losing team that the Giants should trade for (The Athletic, subscription required)
- John Shea on how Tyler Rogers would love to someday play with his twin and Twin, pitcher Taylor Rogers (SF Chronicle)
- Kerry Crowley on Buster Posey passing Willie McCovey and Will Clark on the Giants All-Star leaderboard (Mercury News)
- Andrew Baggarly talks with MLB managers about why the Giants are so good (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Alex Pavlovic on how Gabe Kapler plans to handle the Giants four-game skid (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Mark W. Sanchez on the Giants getting more good news on the Brandon Belt injury front (KNBR)
What time do the Giants play today?
The Giants play the Arizona Diamondbacks tonight at 6:40 p.m. PT.
Have a wonderful Friday, friends.