Hello and happy Wednesday.
The San Francisco Giants were dealt yet another injury on Tuesday, as right fielder Mike Tauchman suffered a knee contusion while making a highlight catch.
Tauchman was starting in right field to replace Mike Yastrzemski, who ... you guessed it ... suffered a contusion during Monday’s game.
But there’s good news on that front. While Yaz was not available on Tuesday, the Giants are optimistic that he’ll be back on Thursday, when the Giants travel a few hours east from Dodger Stadium to visit the Arizona Diamondbacks.
Gabe Kapler said Mike Tauchman has a mild knee contusion, potentially a mild sprain.— Kerry Crowley (@KO_Crowley) June 30, 2021
Mike Yastrzemski could be ready to go by Thursday, but was not available tonight.
With the depth being tested yet again, let’s hope Yaz is able to be back in the lineup next time we see the Giants.
As for Tauchman, he’ll receive an MRI today.
Old, random MCC article for you to read
Hunter Pence is the wide-eyed hope of the 2017 Giants (March 3, 2017 — Grant Brisbee)
- Roger Munter reviews Week 8 on the Giants farm (There R Giants)
- Grant Brisbee on what is ailing Austin Slater and Mauricio Dubón, and how much patience the Giants can afford (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Molly Knight on the greatness of the Giants - Dodgers rivalry (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Kerry Crowley on how the Giants biggest strength is now a big question mark (Mercury News)
- Bruce Jenkins on how the Giants plan is working, but they should think bigger (SF Chronicle)
- Alex Pavlovic on why the Giants decided to option Mauricio Dubón (NBC Sports Bay Area)
What time do the Giants play today?
The Giants have an off day today.
Enjoy your Wednesday!