Hello and happy Tuesday.
Major League Baseball is officially in Phase 2 of All-Star voting, which runs until Thursday at 11 a.m. PT. Phase 2 features all the finalists from Phase 1 (three at each infield position and nine in the outfield), and the winners of the vote will be the starters in the July 13 All-Star Game.
The San Francisco Giants have three finalists. Buster Posey was the leading vote-getter at catcher in Phase 1, with nearly twice as many votes as the runner-up (Yadier Molina of the St. Louis Cardinals). He’ll be up against Molina and Willson Contreras of the Chicago Cubs for the starting nod.
Brandon Crawford finished third in voting among shortstops, narrowly beating out Corey Seager of the Los Angeles Dodgers. He’ll be battling the Cubs Javier Báez and the San Diego Padres Fernando Tatis Jr.
And Mike Yastrzemski finished ninth among outfielders, where he’ll be up against Ronald Acuña Jr. (Atlanta Braves), Nick Castellanos (Cincinnati Reds), Jesse Winker (Reds), Mookie Betts (Dodgers), Chris Taylor (Dodgers), Juan Soto (Washington Nationals), Bryce Harper (Philadelphia Phillies), and Joc Pederson (Cubs).
You can vote here. And you should.
Old, random MCC article for you to read
Giants fans have loved and hated the intentional walk (Feb. 22, 2017 — Grant Brisbee)
- Roger Munter gets you prepared for the start of the ACL season (There R Giants)
- Susan Slusser looks at some pricey players the Giants might acquire (SF Chronicle)
- Andrew Baggarly on the Giants struggles against left-handed pitchers (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Kerry Crowley on the areas where the Giants can improve at the trade deadline (Mercury News)
- Mark W. Sanchez on Tyler Rogers’ All-Star case, and the motivation behind it (KNBR)
What time do the Giants play today?
The Giants play the Los Angeles Dodgers tonight at 7:10 p.m. PT.
Hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday.