Hello and happy Tuesday.
According to a report from Marc Delucchi, San Francisco Giants outfield prospect Hunter Bishop recently suffered a setback to his injured left shoulder. Delucchi reports that Bishop was nearing a return to the High-A Eugene Emeralds when he re-aggravated his shoulder strain in a rehab game. The timeline for his return is unknown.
According to a source, #SFGiants prospect Hunter Bishop was nearing a return from the injured list last week when he reaggravated his left shoulder strain in his second to last scheduled rehab game in Arizona. Remains unclear if he and the org have a new timetable for him yet.— Marc Delucchi (@maddelucchi) June 21, 2021
It’s been a tough start to his professional career for the 2019 first-round pick, as he lost the 2020 season due to the coronavirus pandemic, and only played in three games with the Emeralds before suffering the injury. The future is still bright for him — he was voted as the team’s No. 4 prospect in our Community Prospect List — but has only 161 Minor League Plate appearances after being drafted nearly two years ago.
Here’s hoping he’s back on the field soon.
Old, random MCC article for you to read
Remember the time the Giants turned a triple play against the Padres? (April 16, 2018 — Bryan Murphy)
- Grant Brisbee on the historical precedent of the Giants record (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Melissa Lockard has an extensive notebook on the Giants Minor League players (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Connor Letourneau on Minor League Baseball surviving the coronavirus and contraction in San Jose (SF Chronicle)
- Kerry Crowley on how the Giants might turn to trades to solve their roster crunch (Mercury News)
- Alex Pavlovic explains the Giants decision to option LaMonte Wade Jr. when he was playing so well (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- John Shea on Anthony DeSclafani’s expectations as MLB umps start cracking down on stick stuff (SF Chronicle)
- Chuck Barney on how McCovey Cove ball hawks love the baseball chase (Mercury News)
What time do the Giants play today?
The Giants play the Los Angeles Angels tonight at 6:38 p.m. PT.
Have a lovely Tuesday, folks.