Hello and happy Wednesday. I hope you’re all having a great day.
On Tuesday, the San Francisco Giants announced that they would become the first team in Major League Baseball to celebrate pride month by putting the pride colors directly on their uniforms. The team announced the news in a statement featuring a quote from president and CEO Larry Baer, as well as an explanation of what the 11 colors represent.
#PRIDE pic.twitter.com/FOgmex88Lg— SFGiants (@SFGiants) June 1, 2021
The team will don the pride colors this Saturday against the Chicago Cubs, with a patch on the jersey sleeve, and a hat with the pride colors.
Here's what the hat will look like! pic.twitter.com/NUZEbAijCy— Susan Slusser (@susanslusser) June 1, 2021
Good on the Giants for this one.
Old, random MCC article for you to read
Celebrating David B. Flemming (May 31, 2018 — Sami Higgins)
- Roger Munter reviews Week 4 on the Giants farm (There R Giants)
- Grant Brisbee on how Steven Duggar is beginning to look like the player the Giants were waiting for (The Athletic, subscription required)
- John Shea on if the Giants players will be keeping their facial hair after a successful Mustache May (SF Chronicle)
- Kerry Crowley on the success of the Giants forward-thinking approach, and on Evan Longoria’s rejuvenation (Mercury News)
- Kevin Goldstein on how it’s the time in the season where teams start checking in on each other about trade situations (Fangraphs)
- Alex Pavlovic revisits the Giants pursuit of Shohei Ohtani in 2017 (NBC Sports Bay Area)
What time do the Giants play today?
The Giants have an off day today. What will we do? Only time will tell.
Have a great Wednesday.