Hello and happy Sunday. I hope you enjoy your morning baseball today.
Programming note: No recap today, sorry.
I’ve posted a lot of the “Catchin’ Up” videos from the San Francisco Giants YouTube page, and today we’ve got another, with the Giants unexpected frequent hero: Mike Tauchman.
Tauchman, who you might know from such hits as “robbed that home run” and “robbed that other home run,” and also “hit that very important grand slam when you didn’t expect it,” plays catch with the Giants video team and answers all kinds of questions.
It’s a fun time. And there’s a dog. I promise I’m not just saying that to get you to watch the video. There’s a dog. It is a good dog.
Old, random MCC article for you to read
Checking the Temperature on John Lackey (Nov. 25, 2015 — Reuben Poling)
- Podcast: The Effectively Wild crew is joined by Grant Brisbee to try and explain the Giants (Fangraphs)
- Mark W. Sanchez on how Scott Kazmir is expected to be a starting pitcher option again down the road (KNBR)
- Jon Becker on how sports fans will be impacted by the June 15 California re-opening (Mercury News)
- John Shea on how Dusty Baker is leading an Astros team that is winning with contact, which is a contrast to the Giants (SF Chronicle)
- Nick San Miguel offers three reasons why the Giants might end up winning the NL West (Around the Foghorn)
What time do the Giants play today?
The Giants play the Washington Nationals this morning at 10:05 a.m. PT.
Have a lovely Sunday, folks.