Hello and happy Friday.
The San Francisco Giants have had a lot of injuries this year, though they’re unlikely to earn any sympathy from other teams. Thankfully the Giants are keeping us updated on all of them.
The Giants released a whole bunch of injury updates on Thursday.
Among other notes, left-handed reliever Caleb Baragar began his rehab assignment, and is expected to re-join the team this weekend; Mike Yastrzemski hit on Wednesday with no issues, and is also expected to re-join the team this weekend; Logan Webb, unfortunately, will not even throw for the next week; and Curt Casali is improving and should return soon.
Yaz and Casali should be back soon. Here's the unabridged Giants injury update, as told by Tolstoy: pic.twitter.com/sHbs8roS8W— Andrew Baggarly (@extrabaggs) June 10, 2021
In other words, we’ll probably see a few moves this weekend during the team’s series against the Washington Nationals. And with Thursday’s game postponed, the Giants will be allowed to add a 27th player for Saturday’s doubleheader.
Old, random MCC article for you to read
Five quick Madison Bumgarner notes (April 28, 2014 — Grant Brisbee)
- Podcast: Roger Munter talks with prospect-based fantasy baseball writer Phil Goyette (There R Giants)
- Alex Pavlovic on Duane Kuiper’s response to the support he’s received after his health diagnosis (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Kerry Crowley on how the series changes with Thursday’s postponement and Saturday’s doubleheader (Mercury News)
- Mark W. Sanchez on how Dominic Leone used YouTube to help pitch better (KNBR)
- Taylor Wirth on Farhan Zaidi’s thoughts about Sammy Long’s role in the coming weeks (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Kerry Crowley on how the opener can help or hurt the Giants going forward (Mercury News)
What time do the Giants play today?
The Giants play the Nationals today at 4:05 p.m. PT. Hopefully.
Have a wonderful Friday, everyone.