Hello and happy Friday.
It’s a special day for a pair of San Francisco Giants pitchers, even if it’s a special day for reasons that will make Giants fans not too happy. Lefties Alex Wood and Jake McGee will receive their 2020 World Series rings from the Los Angeles Dodgers today.
Tough loss for Alex Wood. Tomorrow will be better. He and Jake McGee will get their World Series rings. (They will not wear them in the Giants clubhouse.)— Andrew Baggarly (@extrabaggs) May 28, 2021
Wood and McGee were both integral parts of the the Dodgers team that beat the Tampa Bay Rays to win the pandemic-truncated 2020 season. The former had a rough regular season due to injuries, but pitched 4 scoreless innings in the World Series while striking out 5; the latter had a 2.66 ERA during the season and pitched a scoreless inning in his only World Series appearance.
Congrats to Wood and McGee. Hopefully they win another one with better colors.
Old, random MCC article for you to read
How to be a fan when you’re conflicted (Nov. 18, 2019 — Brady Klopfer)
- Podcast: Roger Munter talks with AA Richmond left-handed pitcher Joey Marciano, and then Richmond broadcaster Trey Wilson (There R Giants)
- Susan Slusser on how Anthony DeSclafani will get another chance at the Dodgers after Sunday’s rough outing (SF Chronicle)
- Kerry Crowley on the rotation for the Dodgers series, and Scott Kazmir’s new role (Mercury News)
- Mark W. Sanchez on Alex Dickerson and Austin Slater getting reps at first base (KNBR)
- Alex Pavlovic on how Gabe Kapler thinks the Giants “just have to be better” against the Dodgers (NBC Sports Bay Area)
What time do the Giants play today?
The Giants play the Dodgers tonight at 7:10 p.m.
Everyone go out and have a great Friday, please.