Hello and happy Friday. And happy San Francisco Giants vs. Los Angeles Dodgers day.
If you’ve been watching the Giants lately, you’ve likely noticed their many mustachioed men. A few Giants are partaking in “Mustache May,” and it’s been particularly noticeable with Mike Yastrzemski and Austin Slater, who are rocking upper lip facial hair that can only be described as 50% buddy cop, 50% porn ‘stache.
Mauricio Dubón, eternally 12 years old in stature, apparently is having difficulty growing a mustache of his own for this occasion. So he put some mustaches on his baseball cleats.
♂️ if you cant grow one....draw one #mustachemay pic.twitter.com/m5TLkr5ICS— Mauricio Dubon (@Mauriciodubon10) May 21, 2021
I love this a lot, and would like a pair.
Old, random MCC article for you to read
A history of Giants June Swoons (June 27, 2014 — Grant Brisbee)
- Podcast: Roger Munter talks with High-A Eugene radio voice Alex Stimson (There R Giants)
- Susan Slusser on the magnitude of the Giants-Dodgers rivalry, and the upcoming series (SF Chronicle)
- Maria Guardado on how Hunter and Braden Bishop share a common goal (MLB)
- Andrew Baggarly on how the Giants now have a chance to prove that they’re serious (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Kerry Crowley on how the Giants will need to scramble with their rotation this weekend against the Dodgers (Mercury News)
- Taylor Wirth with five cool things from the Giants 15-run victory over the Reds (NBC Sports Bay Area)
What time do the Giants play today?
The Giants play the Dodgers tonight at 7:10 p.m. PT.
Enjoy your Friday, all of you.