Hello and happy Wednesday.
The San Francisco Giants are getting some reinforcements, and just in time. Ahead of their Wednesday game against the Cincinnati Reds — Game 3 of a four-game series, and Game 7 of an eight-game road trip — the team will welcome back second baseman Donovan Solano.
Donovan Solano is en route to Cincinnati and will be activated tomorrow.— Maria I. Guardado (@mi_guardado) May 19, 2021
Donnie Barrels hasn’t played since April 21, and the timing couldn’t be better. On Tuesday, the Giants moved fellow second baseman Tommy La Stella to the 60-day Injured List. Then, during their 4-2 win over the Reds, Wilmer Flores suffered an injury and left in the second inning.
Flores will have an MRI, and hopefully won’t have to miss any time.
Regardless, welcome back, Donnie Barrels. You’ve been missed.
Old, random MCC article for you to read
Brandon Crawford had the best 7 hit game ever (Aug. 9, 2016 — Doug Bruzzone)
- Roger Munter reviews the second week in the Giants Minor League season (There R Giants)
- Grant Brisbee on the statistical extremes of the Giants bizarre bullpen (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Maria Guardado on how a win over his former team felt good for Anthony DeSclafani (MLB)
- Susan Slusser on how the Giants are no longer requiring coronavirus documentation for fans entering the stadium (SF Chronicle)
- Jon Becker on the death of Rennie Stennett, the Giants first major free agent acquisition (Mercury News)
- Alex Pavlovic on how the Giants hitting philosophy calls for a lot of home runs and a lot of strikeouts (NBC Sports Bay Area)
What time do the Giants play today?
The Giants play the Reds today at 3:40 p.m. PT.
Hope you all enjoy your Wednesday.