Hello and happy Tuesday.
The San Francisco Giants have played 35 games this year. The first 35 games of the year aren’t really any more meaningful than any others. Games No. 2 through No. 36 are just as important as games No. 1 through No. 35. So are No. 48 through No. 83, and no. 114 through No. 149.
But still. The first games give us our first reference point, and, in the case of this year’s team, that reference point is not exactly what we were expecting. So let’s look at prior years and see how the Giants hot start stacks up.
Ahh, that’s what I was going for. The last time the Giants had a 35-game start this good they won the World Series.
Old, random MCC article for you to read
Tim Lincecum’s new mustache, in two pictures (Feb. 18, 2014 — Grant Brisbee)
- Roger Munter has Minor Lines for the weekend (There R Giants, subscription required)
- Grant Brisbee on why it’s time for the Giants to extend Kevin Gausman (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Melissa Lockard with notes from the first week of Giants Minor League Baseball (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Kerry Crowley on how ‘Mustache May’ might go maskless as the Giants approach the vaccine threshold (Mercury News)
- Dan Szymborski on the early season BABIP outliers (Fangraphs)
- Scott Ostler on why Buster Posey’s comeback isn’t surprising any of his old coaches (SF Chronicle)
- Mark W. Sanchez on how Steven Duggar is making the most out of his chance this year (KNBR)
What time do the Giants play today?
The Giants play the Rangers today at 12:45 p.m. PT.
Hope you all have a great Tuesday.