Hello and happy Tuesday you lovely San Francisco Giants fans. I hope you’re all doing well.
A few days ago, Major League Baseball announced that the 2021 All-Star Game would not take place at Truist Park, home of the Atlanta Braves. Following undemocratic new laws in Georgia that aim to suppress voters, the league decided to pull out of the state and take the midsummer festivities elsewhere.
Now we know where that elsewhere is: Denver. According to multiple reports, Coors Field, home of the Colorado Rockies, is expected to host the All-Star Game now.
Colorado's Coors Field is expected to be the site of the 2021 All-Star Game.— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) April 6, 2021
Let’s hope the Giants send a hitter, not a pitcher to the festivities.
Old, random MCC article for you to read
Marco Scutaro and the most popular short-term Giants of all time (June 22, 2015 — Grant Brisbee)
- Roger Munter examines the Giants Minor League depth chart for right-handed starting pitchers (There R Giants)
- Maria Guardado on Alex Dickerson’s bad experience in San Diego a year ago, when he had a false positive coronavirus test (MLB)
- Kerry Crowley on two new challenges facing Gabe Kapler and the Giants this week (Mercury News)
- Mark W. Sanchez on why Logan Webb is not discouraged after his first start (KNBR)
- John Shea on how the Giants are continuing to transition as the Dodgers and Padres form a rivalry (SF Chronicle)
- Alex Pavlovic on why Buster Posey’s power was the best part of the Giants opening series (NBC Sports Bay Area)
What time do the Giants play today?
The Giants play the Padres at 7:10 p.m. PT today.
I hope you all have lovely Tuesdays.