Hello and happy Sunday. And happy Passover and Easter to those who celebrate.
On Saturday, the San Francisco Giants announced that right-handed reliever Silvino Bracho — who is not on the active roster or the 40-man roster — had a strained oblique, and would miss 7 to 10 days before returning to the mound.
Silvino Bracho is dealing with a left oblique strain and is 7-10 days away from mound work, per Gabe Kapler.— Maria I. Guardado (@mi_guardado) April 3, 2021
Bracho, who has five years of MLB experience with the Arizona Diamondbacks (though has pitched just 89.2 innings) had a decent Spring Training with the Giants, giving up just 4 hits and 2 walks (though 4 earned runs) in 7.1 innings, while striking out 12.
He’ll be at the Alternate Training Site in Sacramento when he gets healthy, and it wouldn’t be surprising to see him on the active roster at some point this year.
Old, random MCC article for you to read
My favorite home runs in Giants history (July 14, 2014 — Grant Brisbee)
- Sami Higgins on the Opening Day feelings (Bombs Over Bleachers)
- Susan Slusser on how Kevin Gausman’s dad got to see him pitch in a Giants uniform for the first time (SF Chronicle)
- Kerry Crowley on what a bounce-back season from Buster Posey would mean for the Giants (Mercury News)
- Marc Delucchi has five bold predictions for the season (Around the Foghorn)
- Justice delos Santos on the optimism surrounding Buster Posey (MLB)
- Mark W. Sanchez on Mike Yastrzemski being critical of his slow start (KNBR)
When do the Giants play today?
The Giants do not play today.
Hope you all have a tremendous Sunday. Be safe.