Hello and happy Wednesday.
On Tuesday night, during the San Francisco Giants 7-5 extra innings loss to the Colorado Rockies, a stellar Giants fan in McCovey Cove taught us something meaningful. We here at McCovey Cove Chronicles appreciate all things McCovey Cove, and all of life’s many lessons so ... here’s a lesson in how not to chase a floating baseball when in a kayak.
The fan in the boat was really struggling to pick up Belt's home run ball pic.twitter.com/AE8F2Wu0Gn— SF Giants on NBCS (@NBCSGiants) April 28, 2021
I haven’t been in a kayak in a decade, and I’ve never chased baseballs in one and yet ... this video is so very relatable. Dude is so close and oh no went right past it again.
Old, random MCC article for you to read
Giants reportedly have six-year deal with Johnny Cueto (Dec. 14, 2015 — Grant Brisbee)
- Grant Brisbee looks at the Giants offense through 6 stats (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Kerry Crowley on what the performances by Logan Webb and Aaron Sanchez tell us about Gabe Kapler (Mercury News)
- Bruce Jenkins on how the Giants and A’s haven’t delivered the grim year of Bay Area baseball that many expected (SF Chronicle)
- Andrew Baggarly on why the Giants see Mike Tauchman as a perfect fit (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Mark W. Sanchez on how the Giants have had their eyes on Mike Tauchman for a while (KNBR)
- Wrenzie Regodon looks at the debuts of Camilo Doval and Gregory Santos (Around the Foghorn)
What time do the Giants play today?
The Giants play the Rockies tonight at 6:45 p.m. PT.
I hope you all enjoy your Wednesday.