McCovey Chronicles has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though McCovey Chronicles and SB Nation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links. For more information, see our guiding principles.
Hello and happy Saturday. There will not be a recap of tonight’s game.
By now you’re all familiar with the legend of Alex the “Bay Area Bunny,” a therapy animal who showed up at Thursday’s San Francisco Giants game. As someone whose sister had a Giants-themed bunny for about a decade, I was giddy when I saw a lagomorph at the ballpark.
So we’ve got it on a t-shirt and sweatshirt now. Because baseball and bunnies are all you need. You can buy the shirt here.
Proceeds from the shirt go to ARF, an animal rescue foundation of Tony La Russa’s. I know La Russa isn’t exactly everyone’s favorite person, but it’s a good organization.
Bay Area Bunny forever.
Old, random MCC article for you to read
On the Thrilling Topic of the Giants’ September Call-Ups (Aug. 30, 2012 — Grant Brisbee)
- Roger Munter looks at the Giants Minor League depth chart at shortstop (There R Giants)
- Grant Brisbee gives his thoughts on Gregory Santos’ MLB debut (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Melissa Lockard talks with AAA pitching coach Garvin Alston about Camilo Doval and Gregory Santos (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Maria Guardado on Curt Casali’s shutout streak reaching 5 (MLB)
- Jacob Rudner on the surprisingly strong defense despite the injuries (Mercury News)
- Bruce Jenkins on the top 5 four-legged friends in Bay Area sports (SF Chronicle)
- Mark W. Sanchez on Aaron Sanchez succeeding despite a dip in velocity (KNBR)
- Alex Pavlovic on Marco Luciano’s two impressive home runs at Minor League camp (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Jerry McDonald on the lovable therapy bunny (Mercury News)
What time do the Giants play today?
The Giants play the Marlins tonight at 6:05 p.m. PT.
I hope you all have a lovely Saturday.