Hello and happy Friday.
A quick programming note before I dive into things: There will not be a recap of today’s game, or any games from this weekend’s series, as I am
drinking outside camping. However, there will still be gamethreads and BPs for You People™ to talk in.
And on Thursday, it was reported that he’ll head to the 10-day Injured List.
Johnny Cueto has a grade 1 lat strain and will be placed on the 10-day IL. A corresponding roster move will be announced tomorrow.— Maria I. Guardado (@mi_guardado) April 15, 2021
No word yet on who will be replacing Cueto on the roster, but Gabe Kapler has already said that Logan Webb — who was slated to lose his spot in the rotation to Alex Wood — will take Cueto’s spot in the rotation.
Here’s hoping Cueto will be ready to return after the 10 days, as he’s been one of the best pitchers in baseball this year. All things considered, a 10-day IL trip feels like getting off easy.
Old, random MCC article for you to read
Revisiting the Bumgarner no-hitters that never were (Sept. 24, 2019 — Casey Cantrell)
- Podcast: Roger Munter talks with Dennis Pelfrey, manager of the Eugene Emeralds (There R Giants)
- Grant Brisbee on how the bullpen has been uncomplicated and effective (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Podcast: Grant Brisbee and Andrew Baggarly talk about how the Giants are a well-oiled machine (The Athletic, free)
- Maria Guardado on how Buster Posey’s new routine is paying dividends (MLB)
- Kerry Crowley on the Giants hockey-style substitution patterns (Mercury News)
- John Shea on the lessons that Gabe Kapler learned with the Phillies (SF Chronicle)
- Brian Murphy on how the Giants surprisingly look legit (KNBR)
What time do the Giants play today?
The Giants play the Marlins today at 4:10 p.m.
I hope you have a really wonderful Friday.