Hello and happy Tuesday.
On Monday, during the series opener between the San Francisco Giants and Cincinnati Reds, outfielder LaMonte Wade Jr. had a classy and sweet move. Wade, who came up in the Minnesota Twins system, took the lineup card out, instead of manager Gabe Kapler.
The reason? Wade wanted to meet with Reds manager David Bell, and send his condolences. Bell’s brother, Mike, the Twins bench coach, died of cancer two weeks ago.
Wade’s gesture clearly touched Cincy’s skipper.
"It was incredible," David Bell said. Thanking LaMonte Wade and Gabe Kapler. "I was blown away." https://t.co/WKlTCcHUes— C. Trent Rosecrans (@ctrent) April 13, 2021
What a nice sentiment. Here’s sending healing thoughts to everyone in the Bell family.
Old, random MCC article for you to read
The best tools of the past few years (Aug. 12, 2013 — Grant Brisbee)
- Roger Munter looks at the Giants third base Minor League depth chart (There R Giants)
- Grant Brisbee on how pitching is the reason for the Giants hot start (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Maria Guardado on how Jake McGee is a ‘nightmare’ for hitters (MLB)
- Susan Slusser answers mailbag questions, including one about Buster Posey’s future (SF Chronicle)
- Kerry Crowley on how former Reds players are powering the early success for the Giants (Mercury News)
- Mark W. Sanchez on why Gabe Kapler doesn’t see the struggling offense as being indicative of who the Giants are (KNBR)
- Dan Szymborski on how April hitting stats don’t mean anything, except for when they do (Fangraphs)
- Jacob Rudner on Madison Bumgarner’s early season struggles in Arizona (Mercury News)
What time do the Giants play today?
The Giants play the Reds tonight at 6:45 p.m. PT.
I hope you all have a really nice Tuesday.