Hello and happy Wednesday.
The San Francisco Giants start a new season tomorrow, but there’s still more than a week until they return home to Oracle Park.
And when they do, there will be fans waiting for them.
We’ve known for a while that the Giants were likely to have fans at the park for their home opener, but now we know how many. According to team president and CEO Larry Baer, the team will welcome roughly 8,000 fans through the gates when the Giants host the Colorado Rockies on April 9.
Play Ball Lunch - SF Giants President & CEO, Larry Baer announces about 8k fans will be at Oracle on Opening Day.— Amy Gutierrez (@amygmultimedia) March 30, 2021
Fans at Oracle Park! It’s been a while.
Here’s hoping it’s done in the safest possible way for everyone involved.
Old, random MCC article for you to read
The Giants are either angry, happy, or Bruce Bochy in their spring training pictures (Feb. 29, 2016 — Grant Brisbee)
- Grant Brisbee lays out the best, worst, and most realistic case for the Giants season (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Susan Slusser on the Giants being mostly healthy as Spring Training wraps up (SF Chronicle)
- Maria Guardado on the Giants hopes to surprise in a star-studded NL West (MLB)
- Alex Pavlovic on the Brandons reflecting on a decade of baseball together (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Kerry Crowley on what will make the Giants worth watching in 2021 (Mercury News)
- Alex Pavlovic on what would have to happen for the Giants to make a playoff run (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Eric Longenhagen on every team’s bullpen ranking (Fangraphs)
How many days until Opening Day?
There is 1 day until Opening Day. That’s almost the smallest possible number.
Have a great Wednesday, one and all.