Hello and happy Friday. You made it to Friday! Give yourself a pat on the back.
On Thursday, San Francisco Giants president of baseball operations Farhan Zaidi admitted that the team is looking to add AAA-level depth at shortstop over the next few days.
Farhan Zaidi said Giants hope to add shortstop depth to AAA roster as players become available the next few days. They don't really have much behind Crawford and Dubon right now.— Alex Pavlovic (@PavlovicNBCS) March 25, 2021
This isn’t surprising. For as much as the Giants preach versatility, they’ve shown virtually no willingness this spring to play Tommy La Stella, Donovan Solano, or Wilmer Flores at shortstop, leaving Brandon Crawford and Mauricio Dubón as the only options. And I’m not sure anyone is too confident in the latter from a defense perspective, or the former from a health perspective.
So having someone ready to go in Sacramento seems like something that should definitely happen. And then they’ll probably play 100 games, because it doesn’t get any more Giant.
Old, random MCC article for you to read
Very Important Theatre X: A montage of Tim Lincecum (July 18, 2013 — Grant Brisbee)
- Podcast: Roger Munter talks with MLB Pipeline’s Jim Callis about the Giants top 30 prospects (There R Giants)
- Grant Brisbee on how the Giants could go ballistic at the trade deadline (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Susan Slusser on Aaron Sanchez’s spot in the rotation (SF Chronicle)
- Maria Guardado on how Farhan Zaidi believes the roster fits together (MLB)
- Kerry Crowley on Aaron Sanchez and his ‘stock market pitch’ (Mercury News)
- Andrew Baggarly on Kevin Gausman, Opening Day starter (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Alex Pavlovic on the Giants nearing their final roster (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Kevin Goldstein on where every team ranks in left field (Fangraphs)
- Brendan Gawlowski on where every team ranks in center field (Fangraphs)
How many days until Opening Day?
There are 6 days until Opening Day.
I hope you all have lovely Fridays.