Hello and happy Saturday. I hope it’s a great day for you.
You might have noticed, if you’ve been watching, listening to, or perusing the box scores of recent San Francisco Giants games, that a lot of players you expect to be in the lineup every day have been absent. So let’s see how they’re doing.
On Friday, Mark W. Sanchez of KNBR offered up a comprehensive list of updates. It’s worth a read.
Most important is that on Sunday the Giants are hoping to welcome Buster Posey back into action, and Brandon Belt will run the bases for the first time this spring. At this point, given how late we are in spring, it seems like the door is starting to close on the idea of Belt being around for Opening Day.
Evan Longoria is also improving, and is hoping to play in the field next week, after only serving as a designated hitter thus far — and very well, at that.
Old, random MCC article for you to read
Revisit every plate appearance of Barry Bonds’ career, with lines and colors (March 26, 2016 — Grant Brisbee)
- Roger Munter checks in on the prospects who are at camp (There R Giants)
- Grant Brisbee on why Brandon Crawford’s health is a vital part of the season (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Susan Slusser on how Anthony DeSclafani has been good, even if the radar gun is off (SF Chronicle)
- Maria Guardado on Mauricio Dubón’s improvement at the plate (MLB)
- Alex Pavlovic on how Caleb Baragar made the most of last year’s opportunity (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Jacob Rudner on how Alex Dickerson is starting to find his rhythm (Mercury News)
- Alex Pavlovic on how Patrick Bailey has impressed Gabe Kapler (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Jayson Stark on NL pitchers preparing for what might be their last season hitting (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Alex Pavlovic on if there will be bobbleheads at the ballpark this year (NBC Sports Bay Area)
How many days until Opening Day?
There are 12 days until Opening Day.
I hope you all have a really nice Saturday.