Hello and happy Tuesday.
The San Francisco Giants play their third Cactus League game tonight, and it’s a special one. About as special as you can ask for from a Cactus League game.
Super prospect Marco Luciano will be starting at shortstop for the Giants, and the game will be televised on NBC Sports Bay Area. You can hear the glorious, dulcet tones of the Giants broadcast, and spend your evening watching the most exciting Giants prospect in a long, long time.
Giants lineup tomorrow evening against LA:— Susan Slusser (@susanslusser) March 2, 2021
Solano - 2B
Posey - C
Dickerson - LF
Flores - 1B
Ruf - DH
Wade Jr - RF
Dubón - CF
Vosler - 3B
Luciano - SS
Webb - SP
Enjoy. I know I sure will.
Old, random MCC article for you to read
CJ Hinojosa suspended 50 games (April 6, 2018 — Roger Munter)
- Roger Munter looks at under the radar prospect Connor Cannon (There R Giants)
- Grant Brisbee on how, three years into Farhan Zaidi’s regime, the Giants are older than ever (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Podcast: Grant Brisbee and Andrew Baggarly on the return of Giants baseball (The Athletic, free)
- Susan Slusser on how improved defense could keep Donovan Solano in the lineup (SF Chronicle)
- Maria Guardado on how Brandon Belt has been wiped out by illness (MLB)
- Kerry Crowley with Monday notes, including Joey Bart’s debut (Mercury News)
- Susan Slusser on Tommy La Stella’s productivity in his spring debut (SF Chronicle)
- Alex Pavlovic on how versatility is the key for Mauricio Dubón (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Maria Guardado on Gabe Kapler being excited about the 1-2 punch of Tommy La Stella and Mike Yastrzemski (MLB)
- Andrew Baggarly on where the Giants next star will come from (The Athletic, subscription required)
How many days until Opening Day?
There are 30 days until Opening Day. One month’s worth of days.
Have a swell Tuesday.