Hello and happy Thursday. Today’s BP is brought to you by SB Nation Reacts, a survey of fans across MLB. Each week, we send out questions to the most plugged-in San Francisco Giants fans, and fans across the country. Sign up here to join Reacts.
The San Francisco Giants project to be highly mediocre this season, so it’s no surprise that a majority of polled Giants fans think the team needs to add more talent before the season begins, even though that’s not very feasible at this juncture.
Also not surprising is the area of need that fans pointed to, which was, predictably, pitching. Seems fans aren’t fully sold on a rotation of reclamation projects and backend starters. Who knew.
Around the league, two-thirds of fans believe their team needs to add a player with just over half of MLB fans wanting their team to add a pitcher, so at least the Giants aren’t exactly alone.
To vote in the Reacts surveys and have your voice heard each week, sign up here.
Old, random MCC article for you to read
Hunter and Alexis Pence’s couples Halloween costume is amazing again (Oct. 31, 2017 — Grant Brisbee)
- Roger Munter looks at under the radar prospect Jimmy Glowenke (There R Giants)
- Grant Brisbee on how the Giants prospects perfectly fit next to the veteran starters (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Susan Slusser on how Kevin Gausman is stating his case to be the Opening Night starter (SF Chronicle)
- Maria Guardado on how Jason Vosler turned to Barry Bonds YouTube videos to improve his hitting (MLB)
- Alex Pavlovic on Gabe Kapler’s confidence that Heliot Ramos can play center field (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Kerry Crowley on how the Giants are gaining clarity in the bullpen (Mercury News)
- Alex Pavlovic on Reyes Moronta looking much better in his second spring game (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Andrew Baggarly on how the Giants will make a lot of defensive mistakes, but they hope to out-hit them (The Athletic, subscription required)
How many days until Opening Day?
There are 14 days until Opening Day. Two weeks, folks.
Have a wonderful Thursday.