Hello and happy Wednesday.
On Tuesday, longtime San Francisco Giants sideline reporter (and proud Petaluma native) Amy Gutierrez — known as “Amy G” — announced that she has a new role for the upcoming season. NBC Sports Bay Area had dropped her as a sideline reporter — presumably without a replacement — and she is now reporting directly to the Giants.
According to Amy G’s announcement, she’ll get to focus more on production, and will continue with player interviews. She’ll also become a team ambassador, and work as a host for community events.
I’ll miss her contributions on game day, but it seems like a good move all around, so congrats to Amy G!
Old, random MCC article for you to read
Bad person Aubrey Huff gets himself disinvited from 2010 World Series celebration (Feb. 18, 2020 — Bryan Murphy)
- Maria Guardado on how Buster Posey has a tight hip, but the Giants are optimistic (MLB)
- Kerry Crowley on how Heliot Ramos is holding onto his lofty goals (Mercury News)
- Alex Pavlovic on how Darin Ruf is looking to provide depth for the second year in a row (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- John Shea on how the Giants outfield decisions center around Mauricio Dubón (SF Chronicle)
- Mark W. Sanchez on what will happen to the Giants rotation if Alex Wood starts the season on the Injured List (KNBR)
- Dalton Johnson on how Heliot Ramos has impressed Scott Harris this spring (NBC Sports Bay Area)
How many days until Opening Day?
There are 15 days until Opening Day. Holy two liter.
Have a great Wednesday, friends.