Hello and happy Friday.
The top three are exactly as you would expect: Marco Luciano, Joey Bart, and Heliot Ramos, in that order. In fact, the top 10 is pretty much as you would expect, and was very similar to what we concocted in the Community Prospect List.
The highest movers up in the top 10, relative to our list, were Patrick Bailey (No. 6) and Luis Toribio (No. 10), who both finished two spots above where they were placed in the CPL. The biggest movers down were Luis Matos (No. 7) and Alexander Canario (No. 9), who were two spots lower than where we placed them.
As for the top 30, the highest mover up is Caleb Kilian (No. 30), who has not yet appeared on our CPL (we’ve voted on 40 prospects so far). The biggest mover down was Camilo Doval (No. 24), who finished eight spots lower than in the CPL.
Prospects! What fun.
Old, random MCC article for you to read
The 5 things that won’t be honored at tomorrow’s 2002 World Series team reunion (June 22, 2018 — Bryan Murphy)
- Grant Brisbee with a list of stats to track for Giants prospects in 2021 (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Susan Slusser on how Sam Long wants to save games and lives (SF Chronicle)
- Maria Guardado on how Marco Luciano is on a fast track (MLB)
- Kerry Crowley on Will Wilson making a statement against his old team (Mercury News)
- Andrew Baggarly on how MLB teams aren’t sure how to handle cuts and reassignments this year (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Mark W. Sanchez on how the Giants reacted to new Minor League rules (KNBR)
- Jessica Kleinschmidt on Mike Krukow not liking the idea of banned shifts (NBC Sports Bay Area)
How many days until Opening Day?
There are 20 days until Opening Day.
Have a wonderful Friday.