Hello and happy Thursday.
Most San Francisco Giants fans have never listened to a home radio broadcast of the team on any station other than KNBR (the sports leader!). That’s because KNBR has been broadcasting the radio for Giants games for more than four decades.
And that’s going to go a little bit longer. Team president and CEO Larry Baer was recently on the radio station, and announced a four-year extension that will run through the 2025 season.
“We’re thrilled,” said Baer, as transcribed by Steve Berman of The Athletic. “We think we have the best station — I love the ‘Bye Bye Baby’ (playing) in the background — with all of the personalities. And then, of course, Jon, Dave, Kruk and Kuip, bringing you the games. That’s great for everybody.”
Let’s hope baseball is still a thing in 2025.
Old, random MCC article for you to read
Marco Scutaro and the increasingly terrifying chatter (Dec. 4, 2012 — Grant Brisbee)
- Roger Munter on if you should be excited by Jason Vosler (There R Giants)
- Grant Brisbee looks at the most statistically important postseason at-bats in Giants history (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Susan Slusser on the abundance of hot-hitting infielders (SF Chronicle)
- Maria Guardado on the Giants trio of NC State prospects (MLB)
- Jacob Rudner on Steven Duggar’s attempts to force his way into the outfield mix (Mercury News)
- Alex Pavlovic on how Steven Duggar has changed his swing and mindset (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Dalton Johnson on how Kevin Gausman improved his pitching by studying archery (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Alex Pavlovic on how the Giants trade for Will Wilson is paying off (NBC Sports Bay Area)
How many days until Opening Day?
There are 21 days until Opening Day. We are at the three week mark.
Have a fantastic Thursday, please. I’m asking nicely.