Hello and happy Wednesday.
The San Francisco Giants made a small move on Tuesday, and signed right-handed reliever James Sherfy to a Minor League deal with an invite to training camp.
Sherfy, who recently turned 29, was a 10th-round pick in the 2013 draft by the Arizona Diamondbacks, and had spent his entire career with the organization. He made his MLB debut in 2017, and played sparingly that year and the next two. In 43 career games he has a 2.98 ERA, a 3.82 FIP, a 4.54 xFIP, and 48 strikeouts to 17 walks in 45.1 innings.
Minor League contracts with camp invites for bullpen arms? It doesn’t get any more Giant.
Old, random MCC article for you to read
Another fine season ruined by injury: The Brandon Belt Story (Oct. 26, 2018 — Carmen Kiew)
- Jeff Passon on Drew Robinson’s story (ESPN)
- Andrew Baggarly on Drew Robinson, from the Giants perspective (The Athletic, subscription required)
- John Shea on Heliot Ramos getting an invite to Major League camp (SF Chronicle)
- Mark W. Sanchez on Seth Corry’s 2020 (KNBR)
- Dalton Johnson on Mike Krukow’s take on the Nolan Arenado trade (NBC Sports Bay Area)
How many days until Opening Day?
There are 57 days until Opening Day. Hooray?
Have a wonderful Thursday, everybody.