Hello and happy Tuesday.
Last year we had a bizarro MLB season with all sorts of weird rules. I kind of let it slide because ... 2020, whatever. I didn’t really feel like they should be playing baseball, and they were only playing 60 games, so, whatever. Wasn’t worth it to make a stink.
But this year? Eww. I don’t want to see the San Francisco Giants playing with weirdo rules.
That’s what’s being proposed by the league. A season with three ugly rule changes holding over from a year ago: the universal designated hitter, an automatic runner on second base in extra innings, and an expanded postseason.
They are all offensive and bad. But which is the most offensive and bad? Use the comments to tell each other how right you are and how wrong they are.
Old, random MCC article for you to read
McCovey Chroncast #68 — Is Tim Lincecum Dead? (Sept. 25, 2017 — Bryan Murphy, Doug Bruzzone, and Sami Higgins)
- Roger Munter on under the radar prospect Sandro Fabian (There R Giants)
- Grant Brisbee on why Giants fans should actually miss Nolan Arenado (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Maria Guardado lists the five best debut seasons in Giants history (MLB)
- Alex Pavlovic on why Larry Baer sees a lot of flexibility in the farm (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Alex Espinoza on what the proposed rule changes mean for the Giants (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- John Shea on how the retired Dustin Pedroia joins some Giants on the elite under 5’9” list (SF Chronicle)
How many days until Opening Day?
There are 58 days until Opening Day. Unless ... you know.
Have a great Tuesday.