Hello and happy Thursday.
We’re deep, deep into the depths of the baseball offseason. It’s the time of the year where I start to really realize just how much I miss baseball, and San Francisco Giants baseball in particular.
For the first few months of the offseason, I’m mildly relieved that the season is over. I’m ready for a break. And once Spring Training starts, I’m so exciting about the upcoming season that I forget just how much I miss it.
But January? January is prime missing baseball season.
One of the things I miss most about baseball is walk-offs, because I spend the bulk of the baseball offseason watching basketball, and they don’t have instant wins over there.
So it was just my luck that the Giants recently put out a video of all their walk-offs of the decade. I recommend watching it.
Oddly enough, when I think of Giants walk-offs this decade, the first one that comes to mind — well, the second one, after Travis Ishikawa — is Guillermo Quiróz.
Old, random MCC article for you to read
What can we learn from Michael Holmes’ past drafts? (May 24, 2019 — Roger Munter)
- Roger Munter on under the radar prospect Kervin Castro (There R Giants)
- Grant Brisbee on how the Giants plan to use Tommy La Stella (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Tony Wolfe on the Giants commitment to Tommy La Stella (Fangraphs)
- Dieter Kurtenbach on the Hall of Fame being an embarrassment without Barry Bonds (Mercury News)
- Susan Slusser on the Giants talks with Joc Pederson (SF Chronicle)
- Andrew Baggarly on why Tommy La Stella fits perfectly with what the Giants value (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Kerry Crowley on how the Giants key players from the dynasty could miss the Hall of Fame (Mercury News)
- Mark W. Sanchez looks at what remains on the Giants to-do list (KNBR)
- Alex Pavlovic on how Tyler Beede had a unique rehab, and is on schedule to return in May (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Bill Ladson on how Jeff Kent has no regrets (MLB)
- Alex Pavlovic on the Tommy La Stella fit (NBC Sports Bay Area)
How many days until Opening Day?
There are 63 days until Opening Day.
Have a tremendous Thursday, folks.