Hello and happy Tuesday.
Today is the day that the 2021 baseball Hall of Fame class will be revealed, and it looks like we won’t see a single player chosen to make the museum. Which means that, among other snubs and silly omissions, it seems that San Francisco Giants slugger Barry Bonds will be rejected for the ninth straight year.
I’m going to wait until that’s official before I complain up one wall and down the other. Just wanted to give you all a heads up that it’s coming.
It’s Hall of Fame day. And with every passing year, that day seems to represent that we shouldn’t care much about the Hall of Fame anymore.
Old, random MCC article for you to read
Birthday GIF(t)s for Madison Bumgarner (Aug. 1, 2018 — Carmen Kiew)
- Roger Munter looks at under the radar prospect Ryan Howard (There R Giants)
- Grant Brisbee on why adding a player like Joc Pederson or Eddie Rosario wouldn’t magically fix things (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Susan Slusser on the Giants plans to make Oracle Park safe to fans when it’s allowed (SF Chronicle)
- Maria Guardado ranks the eight best moments in Oracle Park history (MLB)
- Kerry Crowley on why Barry Bonds shouldn’t be kept out of the Hall of Fame forever, even if writers don’t vote him in (Mercury News)
- Alex Pavlovic lists nine players who might be entering their final season with the Giants (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Alex Pavlovic on the Giants efforts to get fans back in the ballpark (NBC Sports Bay Area)
How many days until Opening Day?
There are 65 days until Opening Day. Cool?
Have a great Tuesday, friends.