Hello and happy Sunday.
As you all know by now, legendary baseball player and legendary human being Hank Aaron died on Friday. Aaron retired well before I was born, so I have no memories of watching him play baseball. Instead, my strongest memory of him is his congratulatory video to Barry Bonds when the San Francisco Giants slugger hit home run No. 756.
What’s your favorite memory of Aaron?
Old, random MCC article for you to read
Barry Zito and Tim Hudson pitching on the same day is real to me, dammit (Sept. 23, 2015 — Grant Brisbee)
- Roger Munter takes a close look at under the radar prospect Diego Rincones (There R Giants)
- John Shea on Willie Mays calling Hank Aaron the “best person I ever knew” (SF Chronicle)
- Joe Posnanski on Barry Bonds and the Hall of Fame (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Alex Pavlovic on how the flurry of one-year deals is setting up the Giants for a busy future (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Anthony Castrovince on how $50 kept Hank Aaron from joining the Giants (MLB)
- Alex Pavlovic on Willie Mays’ tribute to Hank Aaron (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Alex Pavlovic on Barry Bonds’ tribute to Hank Aaron (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Mark W. Sanchez on what it was like for Giants pitchers to face Hank Aaron (KNBR)
- Alex Didion on the Giants interest in Jake Odorizzi (NBC Sports Bay Area)
How many days until Opening Day?
There are 67 days until Opening Day.
I hope you all have a sensational Sunday.