Hello and happy Friday.
Marco Luciano cracked the top 10, as he was ranked the No. 8 prospect in the sport. Behind him was Joey Bart at No. 29, Heliot Ramos at No. 32, and Hunter Bishop at No. 75.
Without a year of Minor League Baseball, and prospect analysts largely relying on reports from Instructionals and Alternate Training Sites, it shouldn’t be surprising that these two publications see things so differently with regards to the Giants.
Old, random MCC article for you to read
Dodgers do not win the World Series for 28th consecutive seasons (Oct. 22, 2016 — Grant Brisbee)
- Podcast: Roger Munter talks with Jeffrey Paternostro of Baseball Prospectus about the Giants prospects (There R Giants)
- Grant Brisbee on why the Giants need to keep planning for a high-risk, high-reward rotation (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Mark W. Sanchez on how Heliot Ramos keeps learning (KNBR)
- Alex Pavlovic on the Giants still waiting for crucial info about the upcoming season (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Andrew Baggarly answers mailbag questions, including the status of the rotation and the rebuild (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Alex Pavlovic on the common thread that Buster Posey sees in the Giants rotation additions (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Mark W. Sanchez looks at the Giants other starting pitcher options (KNBR)
- Jeff Young on two prospects that Logan Webb thinks are being overlooked (Around the Foghorn)
How many days until Opening Day?
There are 69 days until Opening Day.