Hello and happy Friday.
A few days ago, a handful more political donations by San Francisco Giants principal owner Charles Johnson were brought to light. None of them were in the least bit surprising if you’ve ever paid attention to Johnson (the names included Lauren Boebert), but they were still rough to look at in light of ... well ... everything that’s transpired in the last few weeks.
On Thursday, the Giants released a statement regarding Johnson’s donations. It didn’t say much.
The Giants emailed this statement in response to a request to comment about principal owner Charles Johnson's political contributions to dozens of Republican PACs and campaigns, including alt-right fringe politicians like Lauren Boebert: pic.twitter.com/S5pylPWng4— Andrew Baggarly (@extrabaggs) January 15, 2021
Well, that’s not surprising at all, but it’s not anything at all, either.
Old, random MCC article for you to read
Tim Lincecum’s return means a chance to say goodbye (Sept. 29, 2019 — Kenny Kelly)
- Podcast: Roger Munter talks with NBCSAuthentic’s Katie Woo about the MiLB restructuring and the Giants farm system (There R Giants)
- Grant Brisbee on what to expect if the Giants were to sign Cole Hamels (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Kerry Crowley on how Charles Johnson’s ownership is a big shame for the Giants (Mercury News)
- Maria Guardado on the Giants having two players left to agree too deals with ahead of the arbitration deadline (MLB)
- Alex Pavlovic tries to predict the 26-man roster (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Maria Guardado lists the Giants all-time best international signings (MLB)
- Andrew Baggarly on how the Giants are getting funky by bringing in Alex Wood (The Athletic, subscription required)
How many days until Opening Day?
There are 76 days until Opening Day.
I hope your Friday is wonderful.