Hello and happy Wednesday.
On Monday it was announced that San Francisco Giants play-by-play TV broadcaster Duane Kuiper had won the National Sports Media Association’s award for California Sportscaster of the Year. He tied for the award with Ted Leitner, who does radio for the San Diego Padres, while Bill Plaschke of the Los Angeles Times was awarded top sportswriter in the state.
Kuiper obviously deserves this award, and all awards really, though it’s a little bit jarring to see him share an award with someone who isn’t Mike Krukow. It’s just not quite right.
Either way, congrats, Kuip. You’re the best.
Old, random MCC article for you to read
No team makes more money from their fans than the Giants (April 10, 2019 — Bryan Murphy)
- John Shea on how Scott Harris envisions the Minor League shakeup working for the Giants (SF Chronicle)
- Alex Pavlovic on Farhan Zaidi’s explanation of what the Curt Casali signing means for Joey Bart (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Kerry Crowley on why the Giants could be one of the most active teams at the start of Spring Training (Mercury News)
- Alex Pavlovic on why the Giants feel better about the right side of the bullpen in 2021 (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Mark W. Sanchez on what’s next for Joey Bart (KNBR)
- Jessica Kleinschmidt on Scott Harris saying the Giants will target a left-handed starting pitcher (NBC Sports Bay Area)
How many days until Opening Day?
There are 78 days until Opening Day.
Have a tremendous Wednesday.