Hello and happy Friday.
And most importantly, happy New Year! 2020 is finally gone, and we can welcome in a hopefully less completely horrible year.
Please excuse the non sequitur that is a picture of Tim Lincecum at a World Series parade for this article. I was trying to find another good picture of Giants drinking champagne to symbolize the new year, but I found this picture and it made me smile so I thought, “Hey, there’s a good way to start a new year.”
Here are some things I hope for for the San Francisco Giants this year:
- A 162-game season that feels safe and responsible.
- A good season from Buster Posey.
- A functional Minor League season.
- The appearances of some prospects so we can be distracted from the Giants falling 40 games behind the San Diego Padres and Los Angeles Dodgers.
Old, random MCC article for you to read
The Giants are awful, so here’s the column about clubhouse chemistry you knew was coming (June 26, 2017 — Grant Brisbee)
- Maria Guardado lists five questions facing the Giants for the upcoming year (MLB)
- Alex Pavlovic on how the Giants can start using an opener more in 2021 if they want (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Jeff Young on the competitive advantages that the Giants have when trying to sign pitchers (Around the Foghorn)
How many days until Opening Day?
There are 90 days until Opening Day.
Have a wonderful New Year, everyone. Happy 2021!