Hello and happy Monday.
On Sunday, the San Francisco Giants made a subtle bullpen move, recalling right-handed pitcher Rico Garcia and optioning left-handed pitcher Andrew Suárez.
ROSTER MOVES:— SFGiants (@SFGiants) September 6, 2020
• RHP Rico Garcia recalled from the Alternate Training Site.
• LHP Andrew Suárez optioned to the Alternate Training Site.#SFGiants
Garcia has made 9 appearances this year, and accrued an ERA of 7.50 and an FIP of 5.30. In 6 innings he’s allowed 12 hits and 2 walks while striking out 3.
Suárez, a former second-round pick, has made 5 appearances, and has a 5.14 ERA and 6.00 FIP. In 7 innings he’s given up 9 hits and 5 walks while striking out 4.
Welcome back, Rico.
Did Barry Bonds hit a home run today?
September 7, 2000: Against the San Diego Padres, Bonds hit a 2-run home run in the 3rd inning off of Matt Clement, scoring Marvin Benard. It gave the Giants a 2-0 lead, and they would win 13-0. It was his 44th homer of the year.
September 7, 2004: Against the Colorado Rockies, Bonds hit a 2-run home run in the 3rd inning off of Jamey Wright, scoring Edgardo Alfonzo. It gave the Giants a 3-2 lead, but they would lose 8-7. It was his 40th homer of the year.
Old, random MCC article for you to read
Save the Volcanoes! Sign this petition! (Nov. 21, 2019 — Bryan Murphy)
- Alex Pavlovic’s takeaway from Sunday’s game (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Andrew Baggarly on how the Giants are using power and defense to make a postseason run (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Mark W. Sanchez on the Giants swapping out Andrew Suarez for Rico Garcia (KNBR)
- Ali Thanawalla on how the Marlins used Darren Baker’s famous 2002 moment to poke fun at a prospect (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Darren Sabedra on why Gabe Kapler thinks Cal Ripken Jr.’s streak is the most respected in sports (Mercury News)
- Alex Pavlovic on Johnny Cueto’s hilarious way of getting the music changed before the game (NBC Sports Bay Area)
Have a tremendous Monday, everyone.