Hello and happy Wednesday.
In sad but not at all surprising news, the 2020 Arizona Fall League has officially been canceled due to the coronavirus pandemic.
September 29, 2020
That’s a blow to prospects all over the league, including the San Francisco Giants. Last year the Giants sent a handful of prospects to the Arizona Fall League, including Joey Bart and Heliot Ramos.
It goes without saying that Minor League baseball, and prospecting in general has taken an enormous hit in 2020, and will take many years to fully recover, if it ever does. We still have no idea what the Minor League season will look like in 2021, if it even exists.
Did Barry Bonds hit a home run today?
He did not.
Old, random MCC article for you to read
This Giants video from 1985 reminds you that the franchise has come a long, long way (Aug. 31, 2016 — Grant Brisbee)
- Grant Brisbee on if the season was a success (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Hank Schulman on how the Giants navigated a very challenging year (SF Chronicle)
- Kerry Crowley on how the Giants will address their biggest offseason challenge (Mercury News)
- Mark W. Sanchez on how the Giants started hitting again (KNBR)
- Jon Becker on why Oracle Park won’t be an election center (Mercury News)
I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday.