Hello and happy Friday to you all.
It won’t be easy, as the San Diego Padres are one of baseball’s best teams. However, the Padres have their postseason spot already set, so they won’t be motivated to put their best lineups forward, unless they want to knock the Giants out.
Either way, it starts today with a doubleheader that will play a huge role in whether or not the Giants play a 61st game this year.
Did Barry Bonds hit a home run today?
September 25, 1993: Against the San Diego Padres, Bonds hit 2 solo home runs off of Andy Ashby. A 2nd inning shot gave the Giants a 1-0 lead, a 4th inning blast made the lead 2-0, and they would win 3-1. They were his 42nd and 43rd homers of the year.
Old, random, morbidly funny in hindsight MCC article for you to read
Get excited for the Giants’ 2020 promotions (Feb. 4, 2020 — Bryan Murphy)
- Andrew Baggarly on Gabe Kapler’s resourcefulness (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Maria Guardado on how Kevin Gausman is in line to start the first playoff game, if the Giants get there (MLB)
- Kerry Crowley on the Giants relying on both rookies and surprising veterans (Mercury News)
- Henry Schulman on how Kevin Gausman would like to come back in 2021 to play with Buster Posey (SF Chronicle)
- Brian Murphy on not having fans at the ballpark (KNBR)
- Alex Pavlovic on why the Giants didn’t opt for Jaylin Davis (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Mark W. Sanchez on what the postseason rotation would look like (KNBR)
I hope you all enjoy your Fridays.