Hello and happy Saturday.
Friday was stupid, just like so many of the days that preceded it. So let me just leave you with some good news: As of Friday, MLB had gone 19 days without a new positive coronavirus test.
MLB: 12,381 tests last week without any new positives for Major League players. No new positives among Major Leaguers for 19 straight days now and 27 of the last 28 days.— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) September 18, 2020
The San Francisco Giants had a positive test result last week, but it proved to be a false positive. After a disastrous start, MLB is having good news on the coronavirus front, and that’s a nice thing to see.
Did Barry Bonds hit a home run today?
September 19, 1995: Against the Los Angeles Dodgers, Bonds hit a solo home run in the 6th inning off of Kevin Tapani. It gave the Giants a 7-2 lead, which was the final score (beat LA). It was his 29th homer of the year.
September 19, 1997: Against the San Diego Padres, Bonds hit a 2-run home run in the 6th inning off of Joey Hamilton, scoring Bill Mueller. It gave the Giants a 2-0 lead, and they would win 7-4. It was his 3rd straight game with a homer, and his 36th of the year.
September 19, 2003: Against the Los Angeles Dodgers, Bonds hit a solo home run in the 7th inning off of Guillermo Mota. It gave the Giants a 6-3 lead, and they would win 6-4 (beat LA). It was his 44th homer of the year.
Old, random MCC article for you to read
2012: #RallyZito (Dec. 11, 2019 — Bryan Murphy)
- Roger Munter talks the Instructional League in the demon year that is 2020 (There R Giants)
- Grant Brisbee on the teams chasing the Giants in the playoff race (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Bruce Jenkins on 30 years of Kruk and Kuip (SF Chronicle)
- Kerry Crowley on how the Giants are handling the postseason push (Mercury News)
- Mark W. Sanchez on this injury being new for Mike Yastrzemski (KNBR)
- Chris Haft on A’s outfielder Stephen Piscotty holding an ALS fundraiser during the Bay Bridge series (MLB)
- Dieter Kurtenbach on how the final stretch of the season will test the Giants spirit (Mercury News)
I hope you have a very nice Saturday.