Hello and happy Wednesday.
On Tuesday, the San Francisco Giants updated the injury status of five players: Austin Slater, Drew Smyly, Jeff Samardzija, Reyes Moronta, and Aramis Garcia.
None of those players seem all that close to returning, but progress is progress. Keep it up.
Did Barry Bonds hit a home run today?
Of course. Oh wait, no, that’s not right. He actually didn’t!
Old, random MCC article for you to read
The Giants win the World Series (Oct. 28, 2012 — Grant Brisbee)
- Grant Brisbee on how we might not know anything about the Giants halfway through the season (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Podcast: Grant Brisbee and Andrew Baggarly on how good the Giants have been at home (The Athletic, free)
- Maria Guardado on Gabe Kapler’s response to the senseless shooting of Jacob Blake (MLB)
- Melissa Lockard on what the Giants and A’s have to offer at the deadline (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Henry Schulman on Chadwick Tromp thinking Joey Bart will make multiple All-Star teams (SF Chronicle)
- Kerry Crowley on how the Giants play is once again making things difficult for the front office at the deadline (Mercury News)
- Mark W. Sanchez on Mauricio Dubon turning things around right as the Giants are (KNBR)
- Dalton Johnson on Alexander Canario’s maturation at the Alternate Training Site (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Maria Guardado chats with infield prospect Will Wilson (MLB)
- Alex Pavlovic on the adjustment that changed things for Mike Yastrzemski (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Kerry Crowley on how infielder Daniel Robertson could be in the mix in the outfield (Mercury News)
- Alex Pavlovic on the tough decisions the Giants face at the deadline (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Tim Kawakami grades all of Farhan Zaidi’s major moves with the Giants (The Athletic, subscription required)
Have a wonderful Wednesday, everyone.