Hello and happy Tuesday. Beat LA.
It’s been two days since the San Francisco Giants DFA’d Hunter Pence, and I’m still sad, even if I get it, and even if it gives me hope in the front office.
So I figured I’d just open the floor for people to talk about Pence, and their favorite memory of him.
Mine? His catch that kept Tim Lincecum’s no-hitter alive.
Did Barry Bonds hit a home run today?
August 25, 1998: Against the New York Mets, Bonds hit a solo home run in the 1st inning off of Rick Reed. It cut the Giants deficit to 3-1, and they would win 7-3. It was his 27th homer of the year.
August 25, 1999: Against the Chicago Cubs, Bonds hit 3 home runs. In the first game of a doubleheader, he hit a solo home run in the 4th inning off of Kevin Tapani, which gave the Giants a 5-1 lead. A 3-run home run in the 5th inning off of Steve Rain scored Bill Mueller and Russ Ortiz, and extended the lead to 11-1. The Giants would win 11-5.
In the second game of the doubleheader, Bonds hit a solo home run in the 3rd inning off of Jon Lieber. It gave the Giants a 5-0 lead, but they would lose 6-5. They were his 23rd, 24th, and 25th homers of the year.
Old, random MCC article for you to read
Looking back at Game 3 of the NLDS (Nov. 2, 2012 — Grant Brisbee)
- Roger Munter explores trade possibilities for Johnny Cueto (There R Giants)
- Grant Brisbee and Andrew Baggarly on Mike Yastrzemski’s ascent to stardom (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Kerry Crowley grades the Giants at the halfway mark (Mercury News)
- Scott Ostler on Joey Bart being the Giants future (SF Chronicle)
- Ali Thanawalla on Hunter Pence not being upset at being DFA’d (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Alex Pavlovic lists 10 things that went right and wrong for the Giants in the first half (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Mark W. Sanchez on the Giants starting to feel the postseason momentum (KNBR)
- Alex Pavlovic on Mike Yastrzemski’s MVP case (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Dieter Kurtenbach on why the Giants should be sellers at the trade deadline (NBC Sports Bay Area)
Have a wonderful Tuesday, everyone!