Hello and happy Sunday. May it be a tremendous Sunday for you.
On Friday, the San Francisco Giants released injury updates for four players who are on the Injured List: Drew Smyly, Reyes Moronta, Jeff Samardzija, and Sam Coonrod.
It’s good to see progression from all these players, though it would seem Coonrod is the only one near a return.
Did Barry Bonds hit a home run today?
August 23, 1998: Against the Seattle Mariners, Bonds hit a solo home run in the 3rd inning off of Kirt Ojala. It gave the Giants a 4-0 lead, and they would win 10-5. It was his 26th homer of the year, and the 400th in his career.
August 23, 2000: Against the Florida Marlins, Bonds hit a solo home run in the 8th inning off of Manny Aybar. It gave the Giants a 5-0 lead, which was the final score. It was his 38th homer of the year.
August 23, 2001: Against the Montreal Expos, Bonds hit a solo home run in the 9th inning off of Graeme Lloyd. It gave the Giants a 6-5 lead, and they would win 10-5. It was his 55th homer of the year.
August 23, 2002: Against the Montreal Expos, Bonds hit a solo home run in the 8th inning off of Tomo Ohka. It cut the Giants deficit to 5-2, and they would lose 7-2. It was his 35th homer of the year.
Old, random MCC article for you to read
The Giants’ new ‘Full House’ promotional video is creepy in all the right ways (Aug. 14, 2015 — Grant Brisbee)
- John Shea on how Mauricio Dubon has been tweaking his approach at the plate (SF Chronicle)
- Andrew Baggarly on how Joey Bart’s poise isn’t surprising to his family (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Mark W. Sanchez on how it wasn’t Joey Bart’s opposite field double that most impressed the Giants on Friday (KNBR)
- John Shea on how the Giants are preparing for a very unique trade deadline (SF Chronicle)
- Alex Pavlovic on how Joey Bart and Logan Webb gave Giants fans a peek at a bright future (NBC Sports Bay Area)
Have a wonderful Sunday, everyone.