Hello and happy Thursday to you all.
The news broke a few weeks ago that the San Francisco Giants would be allowing fans to purchase cutouts of themselves to populate Oracle Park during the 60-game 2020 MLB season.
Now we have details on how to apply, which you can do here.
More importantly, the Giants have revealed that they’ll have some former players and famous fans hanging out at the park too, and you can try and snag a seat near them. Here are the people set to be in the crowd:
- Brian Wilson (former Giants pitcher)
- Bruce Lee (martial artist and actor)
- Carlos Santana and Cindy Blackman (musicians)
- E40 (rapper and delicious moscato proprietor)
- George Kittle (current San Francisco 49ers tight end)
- Jerry Garcia (musician, Grateful Dead member, and inspiration for the greatest ice cream ever)
- Jimmy Garoppolo (current 49ers quarterback)
- Joe Montana (former 49ers quarterback)
- Juan Marichal (former Giants pitcher)
- Kevin Mitchell (former Giants outfielder and third baseman)
- Kirk Rueter (former Giants pitcher)
- Metallica (band)
- Renel Brooks-Moon (PA announcer, who will also actually be at the park)
- Rob Schneider (“comedian”)
- Ryan Vogelsong (former Giants pitcher and Hall of Fame enchilada eater)
- Tim Lincecum (former Giants pitcher and perfect human being)
- Will Clark (former Giants first baseman)
Have at it, folks.
Did Barry Bonds hit a home run today?
He absolutely did.
July 16, 1994: Against the Montreal Expos, Bonds hit 2 solo home runs off of Ken Hill. A 4th inning shot gave the Giants a 1-0 lead, a 6th inning blast extended the lead to 3-1. They would win 4-2. They were his 26th and 27th homers of the year, and his second consecutive game with a pair of home runs.
July 16, 2002: Against the Arizona Diamondbacks, Bonds hit a solo home run in the 6th inning off of Randy Johnson. It cut the Giants deficit to 3-2, and they would lose 5-3. It was his 28th homer of the year.
July 16, 2006: Against the Philadelphia Phillies, Bonds hit a solo home run in the 6th inning off of Brett Myers. It gave the Giants a 2-1 lead, but they would lose 6-2. It was his 13th homer of the year.
- Roger Munter explores some Major League Equivalents (There R Giants)
- Daniel Brown on Renel Brooks-Moon bringing her energy to a fanless stadium (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Kerry Crowley on how injuries and absences will change Opening Day (Mercury News)
- Mark W. Sanchez on Will Wilson developing at Summer Camp (KNBR)
- Andrew Baggarly on Alex Dickerson’s hot streak from a year ago, and how it still fuels the team (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Rachael McDaniel on how Brandon Crawford and the Giants rank 25th at shortstop (Fangraphs)
- Rian Watt on how Rob Brantly and the Giants rank 27th at catcher (Fangraphs)
- Mark W. Sanchez on catchers trying to make the team by any means necessary (KNBR)
- Jessica Kleinschmidt on recreating Oracle Park chicken tenders (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Hank Schulman on the Giants using the Sacramento River Cats facilities for the alternative training site (SF Chronicle)
- Alex Pavlovic on umps starting to wear masks at Giants workouts (NBC Sports Bay Area)
Have a great Thursday everybody.