Hello and happy Tuesday to you all.
The San Francisco Giants open the season in just nine days, when they visit the Los Angeles Dodgers for an ESPN Opening Day doubleheader. But if you’re itching for some live baseball on your television, you can get it a little bit sooner than that.
San Francisco has two preseason games: A home-and-home series against the Oakland A’s on July 20 and 21.
And they’re going to be televised.
That’s live Giants baseball, broadcast by Duane Kuiper and Mike Krukow, coming to a television near you in just six days.
Be still my heart.
In less happy news, former Giants pitcher Ty Blach — who has been trying to earn a spot on a Major League roster — is undergoing Tommy John surgery. He made the player pool for the Baltimore Orioles, but will have to miss the season.
Ty Blach is having Tommy John surgery Wednesday, Brandon Hyde just said.— Joe Trezza (@JoeTrezz) July 13, 2020
Did Barry Bonds hit a home run today?
July 14, 1995: Against the Houston Astros, Bonds hit a solo home run in the 7th inning off of Jim Dougherty. It cut the Giants deficit to 12-8, and they would lose 13-8. It was his 17th homer of the year.
July 14, 2000: Against the Oakland A’s, Bonds hit a solo home run in the 1st inning off of Kevin Appier. It gave the Giants a 1-0 lead, and they would win 4-2. It was his 30th homer of the year.
- Roger Munter on what the best situation is for Joey Bart (There R Giants)
- Podcast: Grant Brisbee and Andrew Baggarly on Buster Posey opting out, and the impending start of the season (The Athletic, free)
- Maria Guardado on how Mauricio Dubón stayed ready during the season suspension (MLB)
- Scott Ostler on how Buster Posey’s family story is much bigger than his baseball story (SF Chronicle)
- Alex Pavlovic on how the Giants plan to broadcast games this year (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Kerry Crowley predicts early season lineups (Mercury News)
- Henry Schulman on how good Kevin Gausman and Drew Smyly have been (SF Chronicle)
- Mark W. Sanchez on how Mauricio Dubón is excited about the team’s present and future (KNBR)
- Dalton Johnson on the Giants missing but not forgetting Buster Posey (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Kerry Crowley on how well Marco Luciano is fitting in (Mercury News)
- John Shea on how the catcher focus is geared towards the long term (SF Chronicle)
- Jay Jaffe on Brandon Belt and the Giants ranking 12th at first base (Fangraphs)
- Maria Guardado on how the Giants are excited about Chadwick Tromp (MLB)
- Alex Pavlovic on Darin Ruf’s roster push (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Kerry Crowley on what happens to the players who didn’t get invited to Summer Camp (Mercury News)
- Tim Kawakami on how Farhan Zaidi is taking control of the Giants (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Dalton Johnson on Chadwick Tromp’s Minor League stats (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Steve Berman with five things to watch as the season grows closer (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Dalton Johnson on Pablo Sandoval pitching (NBC Sports Bay Area)
Have a wonderful Tuesday, all of you.