Hello and happy Saturday to you all. As a reminder, we’re rewatching Game 5 of the 2014 NLCS tonight at 6 p.m. PT.
This week the Giants had yet another episode of “Chalk Talk @ Home” — the YouTube series where Duane Kuiper, Mike Krukow, Jon Miller, and Dave Flemming talk about the Giants with important people.
It was the coaches this week, as the broadcasters were joined by manager Gabe Kapler, coach Alyssa Nakken, and bench coach Kai Correa. Check it out:
Did Barry Bonds hit a home run today?
He sure did.
June 27, 1997: Against the Colorado Rockies, Bonds hit a solo home run in the 8th inning off of Mike Munoz. It gave the Giants a 4-1 lead, and they would win 6-3. It was his 18th homer of the year.
June 27, 2003: Against the Oakland A’s, Bonds hit a solo home run in the 6th inning off of Ted Lilly. It gave the Giants a 4-0 lead, and they would win 6-0. It was his 21st homer of the year.
June 27, 2004: Against the Oakland A’s, Bonds hit a solo home run in the 4th inning off of Mark Redman. It tied the game 1-1, and the Giants would win 5-2. It was his 19th homer of the year.
- Roger Munter discusses the best reliever seasons in Minor League franchise history (There R Giants)
- Grant Brisbee offers up a history of walk-off home runs by pitchers (The Athletic, subscription required)
- John Shea on McCovey Cove kayakers looking forward to the 2020 season (SF Chronicle)
- Alex Pavlovic on what the roster looked like last time it was together (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Maria Guardado on the latest undrafted free agents (MLB)
- Ben Clemens on the idea of Billy Hamilton starting extra innings on second base (Fangraphs)
- Steve Berman on how Dave Flemming can’t wait to call baseball games again (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Jayson Stark on memorable moments by pitchers at the plate (The Athletic, subscription required)
Have a great Saturday, everyone.