It feels a little bit hollow to write about sports at the moment, with everything that’s happening in the country. It’s a scary time. It’s an unsure time. It’s a heartbreaking time.
So I wanted this to just be a moment to check in with each other. McCovey Chronicles has the greatest online community I’ve ever been a part of, and there are so many genuine friendships and wonderful people here.
Take a moment to check in with each other. See how your friends are doing. For many of us, take a moment to listen. Take many moments to listen.
Share resources, share ideas, give virtual hugs. Or just talk about lunch and the parking situations in San Jose. That’s important self-care.
On a related note: If anyone has opinions as to what they would like McCovey Chronicles to look like this week, I am all ears. Sports feel so meaningless right now, so I’m not sure what the best way to proceed is. Continue creating content so people have a distraction? Be silent so that the voices that matter are amplified? Stick to news but avoid fun topics because now is not the time?
I’m honestly not sure, so if you have thoughts I am all ears.
Did Barry Bonds hit a home run today?
Absolutely he did. But just one.
- Roger Munter walks through potential development options for 2020 (There R Giants)
- Podcast: Grant Brisbee and Andrew Baggarly discuss the nonresponse from MLB teams and players as the rest of the country protests (The Athletic, free)
- Melissa Lockard reviews the Giants 2018 draft (The Athletic, subscription required)
- John Shea remembers Game 6 of the I-5 Series (SF Chronicle)
- 10 writers — including Grant Brisbee — draft a 40-player roster from the proposed 10-team division the Giants will be in (The Athletic, subscription required)
- Will Leitch on how each team’s top pick has fared (MLB)
Stay safe, everyone.