Hello everyone, and happy Saturday. I hope you have wonderful weekends.
In the most recent episode, broadcasters Duane Kuiper, Mike Krukow, Jon Miller, and Dave Flemming are joined by a pair of Giants: Mauricio Dubón and Mike Yastrzemski. Two lovable Giants!
Check it out:
Did Barry Bonds hit a home run today?
May 30, 1993: Against the Atlanta Braves, Bonds hit a 3-run home run in the 7th inning off of Tom Glavine, scoring Robby Thompson and Will Clark. It gave the Giants a 4-3 lead, which was the final score. It was his 14th homer of the year.
May 30, 1995: Against the Montreal Expos, Bonds hit a solo home run in the 9th inning off of Butch Henry. It cut the Giants deficit to 3-2, and Matt Williams made it back-to-back dingers to tie things up. The Giants won 4-3 in 10 innings. It was his 8th homer of the year.
May 30, 2001: Against the Arizona Diamondbacks, Bonds hit 2 home runs off of Robert Ellis. A solo home run in the 2nd inning cut the deficit to 2-1. A 2-run shot in the 6th inning scored Jeff Kent and cut the deficit to 4-3, which is the score the Giants would lose by. They were his 27th and 28th homers of the year.
- Roger Munter on the best 1B seasons in Giants minor league history (There R Giants)
- Maria Guardado ranks Buster Posey’s 10 greatest moments (MLB)
- Alex Pavlovic on Farhan Zaidi saying Marco Luciano could make the roster (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Mark W. Sanchez on Farhan Zaidi saying the Giants will be focused on local undrafted free agents (KNBR)
- Alex Pavlovic on how moved Mauricio Dubon and Mike Yastrzemski have been by the fan support (NBC Sports Bay Area)
- Ben Clemens discusses weird World Series tactics from 2012 through 2014 (Fangraphs)
Have a great weekend everyone!